****This webinar is intended for Healthcare Professionals Only.
With greater than half of all runners getting injured each year, a runner is sure to end up on your table sometime soon. Running injuries are historically challenging due to their repetitive nature, the complexities of human location, and growing trends in high volume training.
This webinar will update your understanding of common running injuries and discuss treatment strategies using the most recent literature. We will go over treatment strategies and specific exercise progressions for those conditions as well as how and when to change variables like shoes choice, cadence, mileage, and gait mechanics. We will also go into running shoe features and how to make basic shoe recommendations. Whether you are a health care provider, coach, or trainer you’ll pick up information to help your runners stay on the road.
- Address common myths or assumptions in treating runners using recently published evidence .
- Briefly review running gait mechanics and outline where problems can occur.
- Discuss how and when to modify variables like training volume, footwear, foot strike, running cadence, and gait mechanics.
- Discuss shoe anatomy, types of running shoes, their features, and the Minimalist Index.
- Prioritize treatment strategies and demonstrate exercise progressions for specific conditions including: Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Patellar Tendonitis, ITB syndrome, Tendinopathy of Achilies/Patella, Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome.
- Discuss the role of compression in tendinopathies.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Patrick Engracia is a clinician for Helix Sport and Spine in Washington State with a strong passion for rehab education. Dr Patrick takes an eclectic approach to rehab with strong influences coming from Stu McGil, Grey Cook, DNS, TPI, Liebenson, Janda, and strength and conditioning. Dr. Engracia is certified provider by The Running Clinic, an organization that organizes running related research for health professionals. Dr. Engracia has instructed a number of rehab courses for the Maryland Chiropractic Association, Florida Chiropractic Association, WebExercises.com, Kaizenovate, and Performance Health as well as serving as a consultant for Performance Health’s Rehab Certification. Dr Patrick also launches Rehab360 this November, which is a rehab education and employee training platform.
The WebExercises Story: Created by Clinicians for Clinicians
We understand the challenges that clinicians face on a daily basis: lack of patient engagement, high drop-out rates, time-crunched clinicians. We developed a solution for you and your patients that provides you with great clinical education, efficient and evidence-based exercise programming, and an engaging patient experience . To find out more about how WebExercises can improve your practice call us 866-411-4825 or visit webexercises.com.