* This webinar is intended for Healthcare Professionals. PLEASE READ: If you are unable to join us Live, be sure to register and you will receive a link to the recording when it is available on or after Thursday, August 12th.
Instructor: Joe LaVacca, DPT
The first known records of the cannabis plant being utilized for medicinal and healing purposes dates to 5000 BC. Approaching the 20th century cannabis was the most common ingredient in almost all over the counter medications. This webinar will take you on a journey to understand how the lost art and science of the healing properties of the hemp plant and its relevance in today’s healthcare. You will be challenged to think outside the box on your current beliefs about physical and mental health; and how patient preference, clinical evidence and scientific research all play a key role in patient centered care.
After viewing the 1 hour webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss CBD effects on pain, inflammation, sleep and mental health.
- Understand the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and it’s importance in regulating many biological systems.
- Understand the different types of CBD products and the differences in mechanism of actions between topical and ingestible CBD products.
- Discuss our current understanding of how cannabinoid products are digested and metabolized and the advancements in cannabinoid science to improve their efficacy in overall absorption.
- Understand CBD dosing and how to incorporate CBD into your care plans.
- Discuss the effects related to rehab and exercise.
About the Presenter:
Joe LaVacca is a Physical Therapist based out of New York City where he owns his own private practice; Strength in Motion Physical Therapy. Joe’s focus on communication, emotion, and education are the 3 primary tools he uses to build empowerment while teaching and working with his patients. Joe is the lead educator for Fringe Inc, a company focused on building a community for human beings to support one another, while promoting and celebrating the very things that make us who we are.
The WebExercises Story: Created by Clinicians for Clinicians
We understand the challenges that clinicians face on a daily basis: lack of patient engagement, high drop-out rates, time-crunched clinicians. We developed a solution for you and your patients that provides you with great clinical education, efficient and evidence-based exercise programming, and an engaging patient experience . To find out more about how WebExercises can improve your practice call us 866-411-4825 or visit webexercises.com.